MESSAGE TO MY BOYFRIEND'S

Salaam boy,
               I hope this message reaches you in a safe condition. I'm writing  to plead to you about certain things you do to me that makes me feel uncomfortable living in this society
        The last time I walked through your street wearing my Hijab, you kept calling me in an unislamic manner. If my memory can recall, you used the words " hey s*xy lady, can I be your boo boo? Now  I want to ask you a simple question. What do you mean by that statement? Have you forgotten that the Qur'an tells you to lower your gaze? What I need from you is to support me to become a better Muslim not the opposite.
          The other time I was walking to the market with my usual dress code(Hijab) your brother who was sitting with his friends started barking like a dog (excuse my language) "lady! Lady! Lady!" I refused to respond to his call since I knew what his motive was. He changed from calling me lady and started saying salaam alayka but still I refused to talk to him. He called me a married woman and asked me to be his girlfriend (you know what I mean by that)  subhanallah! I said to my self. I dress like a married woman and yet you want me to be your girlfriend? What foundation are we playing for our young boys to follow? Are you promoting zina in this society? Were are the ambassadors of Islam in this society? From that day until now so many questions keep running through my mind.
       So my plea to you is to help us make this society a better place instead of turning it into hell for us.
      I've had several encounter with guys who approach me in unislamic manner. But the above  is what I want you too know for now.
       Once again let's try to be ambassadors of Islam not the other way round.
                                               Your sister in Islam
                                                   Samira
       

Comments