THE POWER OF DUAA

This is a real story of a sister (one of my closed friends), she told it to me lately and I took her permission to share it with you all so every one of us realize the real power of a sincere Duaa!
She is just like every one of us trying to be a good servant to Allah. She was raised in a region where finding a good committed Muslim husband is like finding a rare precious treasure! This is why she refused many men who asked her hand in marriage: either because they don’t pray or they don’t fast or because they have bad manners. Any way this is her story as she told me… She said:”I was really desperate to find a good committed husband as Prophet Mohammad (sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam) described: who is practicing and having good manners… I thought it’s an impossible dream until I heard him speaking to his friend for the first time! He was a newcomer to our region to fabricate and sell shoes. His shop was next to our house, this is why I could hear all his conversations when I open my window.
It was on Thursday, my window was opened … I heard this conversation
His friend told him:“wow! Look at that girl who just passed by!!”
He said:”come on! Lower you gaze, it’s Haram as you know!”
His friend said:”yeah but what can I do! She is not wearing Hijab and she is gorgeous!”
He said:”I am fasting today so please stop it! Lower your gaze as you want men to lower their gaze in front of your sister!”
I was totally in shock! mashaAllah this man is righteous! As days passed by, I was convinced more that he is just like I want my future husband to be: I’ve never heard him cursing or backbiting anyone: MashaAllah, he was always polite with everyone who talked to him. He have good relationship with everyone and they all love him.
My admiration towards him was growing every day until I felt that my heart is getting attached to him… I couldn’t stop my heart from getting attached to his righteousness and his goodness. How I wanted to take a look at him from my window to know how he looks like.. But my fear of my Lord and my Hayaa (shyness) stopped me because I knew I had to lower my gaze as a servant of Allah. It was strange that I am getting attached to someone who doesn’t even know that I exist! I could know that he is single so I was so happy …but somehow I felt that I should stop my heart from getting attached to him because this admiration was distracting me… I wanted that my heart be pure and preserved to the man Allah decreed for me, be kept away from these kind of feelings… I wanted that my heart be filled with the Love of my Lord, and nothing else. I had one solution: asking Allah for help! He is the Knower of the Seen and the Unseen, He knows what is the best for me, He knows my past, my present and my future. No one would help me except HIM! After salah, on my salah mat, I raised my hands and made this Duaa with a sincere heart:” Ya Allah I love one of your servants, so if he is good for me, join us together in Halal under your satisfaction , but if he’s not, then turn him away from me and don’t let my heart get attached to him… amen ya Rabb”. I know that Allah is capable of all, nothing is impossible for him…but that my Duaa being answered the next day was like a miracle for me! It was like magic! SubhanAllah! Yes sister…My Duaa was answered and I felt nothing for him from that day, nothing but respect of course.. but there was no attachment in my heart for him. I wasn’t longing to hear his voice as usual, I wasn’t waiting to hear his latest news as always!! Alhamdulilah! In that moment I made Sujudu sh-shukr for Allah. I smiled with tears in my eyes; I know that this good man is not decreed for me… at least not for the moment. Allah will surely grant me better one when the right time comes in shaa Allah”
End of the story.
Dear sister, don’t let your heart get attached with something/someone who is not yours, always turn for help to your Lord because HE is hearing you and He surely will help you taking the right decision... just trust HIM ♥

Credit : Naila Bint Yussif

Comments